Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Summer at Camp

The summer went by quickly for me as I taught 38 kids how to ride at a beautiful facility on Raquette Lake in the middle of the Adirondack Mountains in NY. More than half of the little ones had never ridden a horse, but by the end of July they were at least trotting on their own. Much thanks is owed to the gentle creature pictured here. He is a 21 year old purebred Arabian ( Skusic ++/)gelding with my 6 yr old granddaughter, Arienne, astride. I also had my niece, Alivia, with me who rode every day and was quite comfortable in the saddle by the third week. I will treasure the memories and photos of these two for some time to come, as they live more than 4 hours away from me and I almost never get to teach them to ride, and pass along the passion that I share for horses.